baslinux - Re: [BL] Best mplayer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Best mplayer
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:43:38 +0000 (UTC)

David Moberg's mplayer 1.0try2 uclibc works with my oldest laptop (P54C) to play mp3s and oggs, and on faster computers it plays DVDs. So I did not really need to compile my own mplayer for older laptops, but his is nearly 8MB and my versions for i586 are about 3MB (dynamic glibc236).

Available as a package mplayer4.tgz or mplayer-1.0try2-uclibc (binary only) from my website. His link no longer works. The package has files to support vidix, whatever that is. You may need to add codecs for realplayer and other formats, from mplayerhq.hu.

1.0 try7 is needed for mplayer plugin, try8 for aacp. I will attempt to compile try8 (without aacp or flv) for P54C, i568, and i686 against glibc236, with ogg support. Can someone tell me how to compile statically against only certain libraries not glibc?

Sindi Keesan