baslinux - Re: [BL] Best mplayer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Best mplayer
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 13:10:46 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:11:45 +1200, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Message from Steven
> ===================
> Ron wrote:
>> I have again uploaded the only version of
>> MPlayer .flv and .mp4 videos in Linux.
>> http://www.ausreg.com/bl/misc/mplayer5
>> It is a static build, just over 12 MB.

> This is the best mplayer ever! Not only does it
> play flv videos, it also plays AAC audio streams.

Yes, it does. And will stream video if you have a fast enough
connection. Also plays all vids except .ogv and .web.
It even does 3g vids but without audio support.

> If you have a Pentium III, this mplayer will
> probably work for you. Earlier computers
> probably won't work. Later computers, maybe.

I think probably OK with faster machines. It runs on my other machine,
about 3 GHz.

I was lucky that this particular snapshot actually compiled in SW9 on
this 600 MHz machine - later snapshots did NOT compile.

If I still have the sources, does anybody want to compile it for their
specific machine ?

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser -
http://www.glennmcc.org/

DOS: For IQs higher than 95, 98 or 2000.