baslinux - Re: [BL] CNet NIC problems

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CNet NIC problems
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 03:03:20 GMT

What happens after you boot with a 2.4.31 kernel and try to
insmod mii crc32 and 8139too? If you just insmod 8139too
you will get a bunch of unresolved symbols, which means
you first need to insmod the other two modules.
modprobe would do this for you but we don't have modprobe
(or the file it depends on - you cannot just add it).

I was able to insmod mii, insmod crc32, but when I try to
insmod 8139too I am told "No such device" (I have a 3com NIC).

You are having a crash course in linux. Don't give up yet.
I have spent ten years learning linux and I still can't get
lynx to accept persistent cookies. The lynx people are
trying to help. I help where I can.