baslinux - Re: [BL] CNet NIC problems

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CNet NIC problems
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:49:16 +1300

Message from Steven
===================

> I have installed BL 3.5 with two NICs, both working
> fine in Windows and one of them working flawlessly
> with the 8139too.o driver. However, I've tried all
> the drivers at
>
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/
> baslinux/add-ons/2_2_26/modules/net/

If I understand correctly, one of the NICs is working
in BL3 using the 8139too module, but the second NIC
is not working in BL3. Is that correct?

> problems with my relatively new CNet ProG-2000S

BL3 is targeted at old hardware. The 2.2.26 kernel
and modules are several years old and work best with
hardware of that era. Newer hardware may or may not
work (depending on how closely it follows the old
standards).