baslinux - Re: [BL] mp3blaster gamp mplay cmus mos orpheus OR vlc?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mp3blaster gamp mplay cmus mos orpheus OR vlc?
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 20:44:56 +1200

Message from Steven
===================

> what i'm looking for is an audio player with a primitive
> (non X) gui that makes it really easy to browse audio
> files, create playlists, bookmark internet audio streams,
> etc. I've got the BL3 mplayer package installed, but I
> guess mplayer only operates in command-line mode

It is possible to use d (links) in BL3 to browse
directories, select an audio file and have it play
automatically (for files with a specified suffix).

For playlists, I use the editor to create a playlist
file which can be executed from the commandline
(you simply start each line with the mplayer command).

For internet audio streams I have a written a
wee script to display a menu of streams which
are accessed by entering the corresponding
number in the menu (you are welcome to a copy).
New stations are added (or deleted) in a simple
data file. The script automatically assigns
them a number in the menu (with one-line
discription of station) and sets the desired
volume for that station.