baslinux - Re: [BL] mp3blaster gamp mplay cmus mos orpheus OR vlc?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mp3blaster gamp mplay cmus mos orpheus OR vlc?
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 15:08:31 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
mike wrote:

> Got my soundcard working, now i'd like to get
> a nice ncurses-type audio player.

Does it have to be ncurses? Most of us here use
mplayer and we have discussed it a lot over the
years. You'll find a version of mplayer that works
for BL3 in the moberg add-ons.

> FWIW, my hope, at the end of the day, is to be
> able to play not just audio files on my BL3 laptop,
> but also streaming mp3/wma/etc on the internets and
> audio files that are on my Windows XP computer.

I use mplayer every day to listen to internet radio
and other streaming audio. I also use it to display
video (eg YouTube), but your computer may not have
enough grunt to display realtime video.