baslinux - [BL] mp3blaster gamp mplay cmus mos orpheus OR vlc?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] mp3blaster gamp mplay cmus mos orpheus OR vlc?
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 02:29:08 +0000

Got my soundcard working, got my ethernet working, now i'd like to get a nice ncurses-type audio player.  I see quite a few options but, noob that i am, I'm having a hard time figuring out which, if any, are ready-to-go with BL3 and how to get started.  Anyone have any experience (and advice) using any of these on BL3?

mplay         http://mplay.sourceforge.net/
gamp         http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~wburdick/gamp/
mp3blaster     http://mp3blaster.sourceforge.net/
cmus        http://cmus.sourceforge.net/
mos        http://moc.daper.net/
orpheus        http://freshmeat.net/projects/torpheus/
vlc        http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Modules/ncurses

(FWIW, my hope, at the end of the day, is to be able to play not just audio files on my BL3 laptop, but also streaming mp3/wma/etc on the internets and audio files that are on my Windows XP computer.)

thanks,
mike