baslinux - [BL] BL3 auto startx and shutdown

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 auto startx and shutdown
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:06:07 +0000 (UTC)

I replaced 'Restart' in the JWM menu (which appears to do nothing except remove the menu) with a line that reboots, but it reboots back to linux (with LILO).

I will add /sbin/shutdown to BL3 and replace 'reboot' with

shutdown -h now

I changed ppp-on and ppp-off to dial and hangup
and put freecell on the menu, and links2 graphical.

Do other linux solitaire games work in BL3?

This computer is for a Russian who never used linux or owned a computer
and might have trouble turning the computer off before it returns to linux. Please add a simpler way to shutdown to the next BL including JWM menu.

I will replace hotlist.html with russian.html containing a list of Russian-language news sites and radio stations.

Is there some way to auto-boot to X and log in as user? If not, what is the best way to auto-boot to X (and then run as root)?

Sindi Keesan