baslinux - Re: [BL] HOME variable and links2ssl in BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HOME variable and links2ssl in BL
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 04:03:17 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi wrote:

The problem i'm still having is that i can
access my Yahoo email when i'm logged
in as root, but i still get an SSL error message
when i log in as the 'regular user' and try
to access Yahoo Mail. This is when i click
the link, before i even get to the Yahoo
login page.

links2ssl for BL3 won't work in console mode in BL2 - wants the BL3 (libc5) libX11.

A links2 I compiled with ssl support does work in console mode in BL2 (for root or user, does SSL negotiation), but it has lots of dependencies including svgalib, libjpeg, glibc 2.2.5 and I made the changes required to run BL2 as user. It does not use libX11.

links123 (a different strain of links without any graphical mode, a version which Steven compiled with ssl support) works for me in BL3 to access a site requiring SSL - my library https site aadl.org/myaccount. As root or user. I think I used to use yahoo email with a text browser.
Try that instead until we can get links2 to work for user.

Chrooted to BL3.5, jwm is not working for me as user (an account that I just made). Configuration errors on exit. I don't get a menu (Alt-F1 or clicking), and I see one red and three black squares at the lower left rather than the expected one black and one grey. I will try booted directly to BL3.

-monz