baslinux - Re: [BL] VMware

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] VMware
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:53:59 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Teixeira wrote:

> My friend Stremer says he created the 2 floppies
> with tgz

The two floppies are different: the first must be
copied with dd, the second must be copied with cp.

> and he doesn't know if he could do it with mkisofs

He should not use mkisofs to make the floppies.

> (he's got no Windows nor floppy on his machine).

The two floppies can be created with Linux (using
dd and cp). The lack of a floppy is a bigger problem.

> He's booting from VMware

Will the BL3 image for QEMU work in VMware? I've
never used VMware so I do not know. Ask your friend
if he can use a QEMU image. Alternatively, he could
use fs.img (from the DOS version of BL3). fs.img is
a 20mb filesyste with BL3 on it. He should be able
to mount it on his linux system.

> Stremer intends to purchase a 486 CPU in order to
> install BL-3. Steven, do you think it's a good idea?

I like 486 laptops. They are cheap and useful. But
make sure it has at least 12mb RAM. More is better.