baslinux - Re: [BL] links-ssl for libc5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] links-ssl for libc5
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 02:09:13 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Downloaded to bl2 (where I have libc5) and
tried it at gmail and it says it is doing SSL
negotation but puts me back to the login page.

Gmail is a difficult test. I can't even get
into gmail with Phoenix.

My links2 and elinks ssl both accessed gmail.
Opera also works, last I checked.

It's possible that links2/elinks have some
capability not in links96 (and Phoenix).

Did you compile against openssl

Yes.

It did work at sdf to log into webmail.
It did not work at my other shell account:

Please try it at these two sites:
htps://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html
EDH-RSA-DES_CBC4-SHA encryption cipher - high-grade

https://www.cia.gov/
Works but I am not asked to log into either of these.

The problem occurs when I try to log into my shell account or gmail.

This links does let me log into fastmail.fm mail account and sdf webmail.

I recommend fastmail.fm over gmail for dialup account (much faster) but it has a smaller mailbox (10MB).

They both worked for links96s running on BL3.

Any idea why you could compile links but not links2 with ssl and libc5?