baslinux - Re: [BL] status of pdf under BL3; a current summary

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] status of pdf under BL3; a current summary
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:47:18 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
James wrote:

> what would it take to set up BL3 for compiling?

You install (pkg) the following packages
from Slackware 4.0 (d1 directory):
------------
binutils.tgz
egcs.tgz
gmake.tgz
libc.tgz
linuxinc.tgz
------------
That is the bare minimum. There are other
packages in the d1 directory that may be
needed for some sourcecode.

> Steven? If I were to want to try my hand at
> this, would it be better to just do a fullish
> Slack4 installation for my libc5 compiling
> environment rather than trying to adapt BL3
> to this purpose?

You should be able to compile on the BL3
foundation. A full Slackware installation
should not be necessary.