baslinux - [BL] Install BL to the HD

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Install BL to the HD
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:06:25 +0000

Hi

I have an old 486 COMPAQ CONTURA laptop with a 121 MB HD, 8 MB RAM, no CD drive, and no NIC card. I downloaded BL and copied the two floppies. But i want to boot up the system from the HD, not from the floppies. What are the correct procedures to do so ? I know i have to change the HD filesystem, but don't know how to install BL in order to boot from there.

Other thing i don't know if it's important, my laptop has 8 MB RAM, not the 12 MB. Does the system hangs because of that?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks in advance

Manularan