baslinux - Re: [BL] Ftpd from asmutils ported and other programs added

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ftpd from asmutils ported and other programs added
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:13:56 +0000 (UTC)

APPE, CHMOD, DELE, MKD, RMD, RNFR, RNTO is 'everything'?

No, it is appending to file, changing right, deleting, creating
directory, renaming from and renaming to.

"changing permission" in English. I get confused when you use "right", which can also mean 'direction' and 'correct'.

FTP protocol uses ASCII commands which are sent to server after you
entered command in ftp client. For example when you type get myfile in
ftp client or click to file in web browser, it is converted to
RETR myfile
and sent to the server.

Could I also type RETR filename?

It would be much clearer if you replaced flag 'OR' ... with the longer
explanation you gave above, maybe shortening the first two lines to
'flag:'

Well I did not write this comment, this was in original configuration file.

There is no reason you cannot replace the sample config file in your package.
Now how do I set up an XP-linux network to use this working ftpd? I ran
some network setup wizard in XP (someone gave us a working 333MHz XP
computer to practice on) and I now have an XP IP number. I ran ifconfig in
linux and plugged a crossover cable between the two, but cannot ping
between them. I have almost no experience with XP but would like to be
able to transfer files to and from our linux laptop computer directly.

Try to stop XP firewall (somewhere in control panel) which is started by
default. And type

In Networking? I ran across this already some place.

ipconfig

inside command prompt to discover IP address on Windows XP if it is in
same network with Linux.

I already did this but could not ping to this address.
Probably because my linux IP address is not on the same network as XP.
Can I use Windows ipconfig to change the Windows IP address instead so it will match that of a router?

And XP has ftp command in command line too!
That is why I wanted to run ftpd.

Samir