baslinux - Re: [BL] Ftpd from asmutils ported and other programs added

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ftpd from asmutils ported and other programs added
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:41:55 +0000 (UTC)

To start ftp daemon use

fptd /etc/ftpd.conf 21

and try to log in with some names and passwords inside ftpd.conf

To start httpd (btw it is in basiclinux already)

httpd /homedirectory

ps does not show the process running if I use my programs (compiled against uclibc) but it does with your ftpd and the busybox httpd. I will delete my versions.

Can I test these programs on a single machine with no ethernet card? I tried both lynx 127.0.0.1 (or localhost) and the IP number assigned when I connect to the ISP, both of which I can ping.

Your ftpd is 5% the size of pure-ftpd. It will allow file transfers
via ethernet cable from a Windows computer which has no httpd or ftpd or scpd.

Please explain the lines:

flag OR 1 => right to (APPE, STOR, STOU)
flag OR 2 => right to (APPE, CHMOD, DELE, MKD, RMD, RNFR, RNTO)
use EOF to ensure the end of file...

Can you provide a minimal ftp program? BL3 has ftpput (and busybox also has ftpget but bl3 has wget instead). I use kermit ftp.

Samir