baslinux - Re: [BL] Ftpd from asmutils ported and other programs added

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ftpd from asmutils ported and other programs added
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:51:47 +0200

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Can you provide a minimal ftp program? BL3 has ftpput (and busybox also
has ftpget but bl3 has wget instead). I use kermit ftp.

On my site there is ftp program of about 53 kilobytes. Compressed with
upx it is about 27 kilobytes. But I might make something smaller.

Sorry I missed it. Works perfectly. libc5 not upx-ed.
How does one un-upx? ldd won't work on upx'ed files.

upx -d programname

Also, I have found one ftp client written in bash

http://perso.orange.fr/kdntl/depotoir/ftp.sh.txt

After deleting comments and help it can be trimmed to seven kilobytes,
but I have not tried it.

I got it and renamed it ftp.sh, and chmod +x
ftp.sh [OPTIONS] hostname

ftp.sh ftp.freeshell.org
[[: missing ]]
[[: missing ]]
./ftp.sh: ./0: Permission denied
./ftp.sh: /dev/tcp/ftp.freeshell.org/21: Not a directory

This was with BL2, slackware bash.
It was tested with bash 3.00.16 and 2.05b.

I tried in BL3.50 (chrooted) with busybox 1.01 bash
./ftp.sh: 124: Syntax error: Bad substitution.

Line 24 of ftp.sh reads:
print_answer "${answer[@]}"

Maybe it is still possible to edit the script to make it working.