baslinux - Re: [BL] Ftpd from asmutils ported and other programs added

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ftpd from asmutils ported and other programs added
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:47:38 +0200

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Today I uploaded to my Basiclinux addons the following programs pgp,
mkisofs, sox, ftp, efax, ftpd, telnetd,
pop3d and fingerd.

Ftpd, telnetd, pop3d and fingerd are from asmutils. ftpd required some
patching, because sys_mmap fails on BASICLinux,
so I used sys_read instead to read the configuration file.

How do we use telnetd and httpd and ftpd?
Typing ./ftpd or ./httpd appears to do nothing.
Typing ./telnetd starts a process running (ps lists it).
No help function (in what I compiled, anyway).

How did you compile yours? I think I compiled a recent nasm against uclibc.

I used nasm from mulinux, which is compiled with libc5.

To start ftp daemon use

fptd /etc/ftpd.conf 21

and try to log in with some names and passwords inside ftpd.conf

To start httpd (btw it is in basiclinux already)

httpd /homedirectory

Samir