baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword fonts usable for ghostscript and xdpf

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword fonts usable for ghostscript and xdpf
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:57:55 +0000 (UTC)

I have recompiled ghostscript 8.54 to support only feature devices pdf and
ps level 3 (not dpfnext ttfont epsf pipe fapi and jbig2) and not to
include 'Resources', which I think is for Chinese and Japanese. I
configured without support for X ijs jasper but with jbig2dec support,
which no longer works because I left out jbig2 as a feature device.
I am recompiling so don't download for an hour.

I also fixed the defaults version to work without init files now.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/gs/gs854-noX-defaults.gz 3MB
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/gs/gs854-noX-HP.gz down to 2.6MB

The default device is deskjet in both cases.

No support for X or svgalib, View with svp, which is based on gs and is
much faster than xpdf. The help file is incomplete and you need the
README.svp.

Some basic docs and scripts (ps2pdf pdf2ps ps2ascii) are in:
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/gs/gs854-docs-scripts.gz

GS 8.60
Defaults includes all the fature devices (not just psl3 and pdf)
HP only a few printers and other devices, and only psl3 and pdf and also jbig2. It would be maybe 400K smaller without JBIG2.
These files are upxed. Stripped default gs without upx was 9MB.
gzip did not shrink them much after upx.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/gs/gs860-noX-defaults.gz 4.8MB
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/gs/gs860-noX-HP.gz down to 4.4MB
I don't know why they are three times as large as 8.54 (except I did remove stuff abuot Resources from Makefile for 8.54)

Uninstall older versions, put the executable in /usr/local/bin, symlink
ln -s /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts
It seems to work without the 9MB of Resources files (Asian language code mostly).

3K/sec upload. I may not upload defaults today. Ask if you want it.

Sindi

I also compiled additional 8.54 version with JBIG2 support which are in ./gs too.