baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA support -- BL3-50

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA support -- BL3-50
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 23:29:47 +0100

Thanks Steven.

I was reading up on kernel modules earlier today on the Web and found out
that vfat.o depends on fat.o, so does this mean that fat.o comes with BL3-50
and has been configured as part of the kernel?

It's strange the the microdrive, which is FAT16, should require vfat.o to
make it accessible.

The kernel that is used with BL3-50 is quite compact at a little under
450KB. Briefly how do you achieve this? Is this small size achieved through
the initial configuration before compilation? Also where would I find the
configuration file for the kernel that 'ships' with BL3-50? I wouldn't mind
having a look at... to learn a bit more about the kernel!

All the best

Simon
=====