baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA support -- BL3-50

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA support -- BL3-50
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 06:42:26 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Simon wrote:

> hdc is a 512 MB microdrive, which I'm trying to
> access through a PCMCIA adaptor (on a Toshiba
> Libretto 100CT, with 32 MB RAM)

The adapter appears to be working fine.

> In your previous response, you asked if the vfat
> module was installed.

Yes, if you want long filenames for DOS, you need
to install the vfat module.

> I guess that this module doesn't come with the
> BL3-50 distro

The vfat module is not on the default BL3, but it
is available at the BL3 site.

> and that I should download it from Slackware 4.0

No, definitely not. Do not use kernel modules from
Slackware 4.0. BL3 uses a different kernel.

> and install it using the pkg command.

No, definitely not. The pkg command is for installing
packages, not kernel modules.

> After that I presume that you install the vfat module
> into the kernel manually by using the command below?
>
> insmod vfat.o

First you put vfat.o into /lib/modules/2.2.26/misc
Then you execute:
insmod vfat

> I will also back-up all the data on the microdrive
> and re-format it as you suggest in your posting.

You might try partitioning/formatting it from BL3
to see if that works better.