baslinux - Re: [BL] Colours, or lack thereof

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Colours, or lack thereof
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 01:31:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Is it swm which reverses the colors?

swm? Don't you mean jwm? BL3 uses jwm.
I mean jwm.

I'm not sure that the wm is reversing the colors.
It could be Xvesa. Try the adding the -swaprgb
parameter to your Xvesa command.

That did not help.

Started from an rxvt: rxvt -bg black -fg white produces white on black instead of black on white 'xterm' (actually rxvt). I could not get the inverse rxvt to actually work - would not accept keystrokes. jwm does not like my 84-key keyboard so I tend to avoid it. (Neither does mplayer).

I did not try editing the jwm menu to change the rxvt colors.
I don't see any particular advantage of white on black instead of black on white (light grey).

I am used to running lynx without colors (TTL monitor).

Karolis used the same lynx.lss that I did. I cannot figure out why in BL2 lynx displays blue on light grey (which is not what lynx.lss tells it to do) but in BL3 light grey on black in console mode (as it should according to lynx.lss).

Can one start a console program in X without going through rxvt/xterm?