baslinux - Re: [BL] Even more questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Even more questions
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:42:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Sindi wrote:

Karolis's version is 2.8.16. For either version please also update
cert.pem from cacert.pem.gz at my site. And keep it updated - I put a
link to the update URL in my blfiles.htm.

For your information, Czerno, cert.pem is a file that contains some kind
of security information needed to access registered secure sites (I
believe). I don't understand this very well, but I think you may need that
file in order for the ssl-capable lynx to work at many secure sites. Is
this correct, Sindi?

It will work without it but keep asking you questions about whether to proceed without a secure certificate. If you use an outdated cert.pem you have to answer questions again for some sites where the certificate is no longer valid.

You need libresolv and libdns from libc to use lynx online (or the IP
number instead of the name of the site). They do not show up as
dependencies with ldd. I should put a note about that. I used the glibc
ones. If you install the complete glibc (part of which is needed by
Opera) they will be in there.

Let's remember that Czerno is using the loop file version of BL, which
should run out of space fairly quickly once he starts adding extra stuff.

The two library files in question, even glibc versions, are small ones. 65K libnss_dns and 220K libresolv

James