baslinux - Re: [BL] Even more questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Even more questions
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:01:44 +0000 (UTC)

At the same time the built-in "links" browser is able to navigate
without restriction, which confirms networking is up.

What could be the problem with my lynx ?

You need libresolv and libdns from libc to use lynx online (or the IP
number instead of the name of the site). They do not show up as
dependencies with ldd. I should put a note about that. I used the glibc
ones. If you install the complete glibc (part of which is needed by
Opera) they will be in there.

I already had a note about needing these two libraries for 2.8.5 lynx. I added one for the uclibc 2.8.6 versions. You also need a non-busybox gzip for them to avoid errors in uncompressing temporary files. I have a link to Karolis's package and to gzip. Get the two library files from Slackware 4.0 (or 7.1 if you install glibc) and be sure to symlink them (ldconfig or manually ln -s libnss_dns-2.2.6.so libnss_dns.so.2 etc.)

Please read my blfiles.htm before installing my packages. Let me know if anything should be added to it.