baslinux - Re: [BL] use your gmail acct for archiving/backup

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] use your gmail acct for archiving/backup
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:39:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007, Steven wrote:

baby = BasicLinux. It appeared that you were suggesting
that users use freesco (?) instead of BasicLinux.

Well, Freesco doesn't do what Basiclinux does. It's a dedicated router/firewall distro and wouldn't work at all for the personal computing tasks BL is geared toward. Rather, I was pointing out that Freesco is tiny like BL, but at the same time has figured out a way to get authenticated smtp to work with little or no extra overhead. I thought you (as developer) might want to look at how they did that since it might be something to consider adding to BL. The two projects (Freesco and BL) have similar goals in trying to be very minimalist, and so each could benefit from looking at how the other accomplishes similar ends. Hope that clears up what I was driving at.

James