baslinux - Re: [BL] Going online as user, summary, was Re: ssh as 'user'

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Going online as user, summary, was Re: ssh as 'user'
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 02:57:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Opera won't even start. The others ignore .lynxrc
and links.cfg (don't read or write).

Steven, do these work properly for you in BL3 as 'user'?

I don't know. I have never used BL3 as user.
BL3 was not designed for a user account and I
do not recommend it for that purpose. If you
want to run a user account, I recommend you use
BL2 or BL1.

One more problem with BL2. The tty* permissions (ttyS1, ttyp0, ttyLT0) kept resetting themselves every time I made them other-writeable, until I changed group from tty to users or root. In BL3 they are already root root.

Some of the other devices in BL2 are owned by groups other than root or users. I will change to root or users to use as user.