baslinux - Re: [BL] Going online as user, summary, was Re: ssh as 'user'

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Going online as user, summary, was Re: ssh as 'user'
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:45:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, sindi keesan wrote:

For BL3 I got ssh working without 'PRNG is not seeded' by
chmod o+a /dev/urandom

But Opera, lynx, and links cannot access their configuration files.

Lynx: Alert! Unable to save Options!

I tried 2.2.26 and 2.4.31 kernels.

In BL2 everything in /home/user/ is user users.
In BL3 they are user 500 (and when I mount the BL2 partition and look
at it, /home/user files there are 100 100).

They are not 100 100 this time but user users.

In BL3 the passwd.tgz from Steven apparently put user into group 500 (as listed in /etc/passwd).

The new lynx (uclibc) works with the new gzip (uclibc) in BL2.

Where did I go wrong? I did a chown -R user in both BLs even on the hidden files.