baslinux - [BL] script to extract http://'s from a doc.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] script to extract http://'s from a doc.
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:47:31 +0000 (UTC)

My new Balinese translator penpal sent me what she said was a few photos, which is 186K of .doc file containing some long URLs at a German website, which contains the photos.

This explains why doc2png found nothing.

How do I extract the URLs (any string starting with http://) to a file that I can then access with lynx or links?

Xvesa -2button or gpm are not so elegant as a script.

Would anyone on the list under 30 like a Balinese penpal interested in languages and popular music for guitar and voice? One short email a week. She writes excellent English and has taught it. There might be others wanting penpals in her translation class.

The script to append to .procmailrc should be useful. Two people want a spam filter already.