baslinux - Re: [BL] Bl related hompage

  • From: "mikkel meinike" <mimeini AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Bl related hompage
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:20:30 +0100

Thank you sindi for all the corrections, please be peasant I will do
some thing about the mistakes but it takes time. In fact I have
spelling problems in Danish as well even though I love to talk an
writ.

The postscript page looks interesting but I don't type anything with
images. I am interested in a non-GUI rtf editor.

Yes sindi I have discovered that and I donĀ“t find any solution to that
I keep thinking of groff. Groff is so small and capable, but it wont
do what you want, it has no rtf feature. The way to go to MS-Word in
groff is through html.

Also in to > into and an > and. What is 'and' in Danish?

well 'and' is 'og' in Danish, but the word 'and' is also a word in
Danish. It means duck.

I see you have a section about installing libvga and
libvga applications. People who want libvga instead
of X should consider using BL1 instead of BL3. B1 uses
the same library as BL3 (libc5) and is preconfigured to
run libvga applications. IIRC it also has the ncurses
library, which you recommend as a BL3 add-on.

Thank you Steven I think I will add a not about this to the homepage.
(I will add your comment and link to it OK?)

Lee Forrest wrote:

Is using svga actually smaller than using tinyX (kdrive)
servers?

I have not hired about tinyX (kdrive) before. BL3 comes with xvesa and
the wouldn't work with my machine (the Compaq AVGA chip) then I tried
with XSVGA and that wouldn't work ether, Then I had to use the VGA16
server and that worked, but in compare to that the SVGAlib is much
better.

/Mikkel