baslinux - Re: [BL] Bl related hompage

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Bl related hompage
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:50:45 +0000

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 11:31:12AM +0100, mikkel meinike wrote:
> Bl related homepage
>
> OK nearly half a year a go I published my homepage about direct
> PostScript and some about BL. Steven sad the if I had thing to
> download he wood add me to the contributors list on the BL homepage. I
> sad that I would put out some thing and return and that I would take
> some time. OK now I am there I have made a separate BL related page
> with links and things to download. The link to the front page is the
> same as I gave earlier from the front page there is link to the BL
> related page called "The Linux-small-is-beautiful-archive". Place have
> a look Steven and see if you would like to add it.
>
> http://www.home.no/mlinux/
>
> (The 'home.no' server have had some trouble in the past weeks I hop it
> is over now)

The site looks good. I like your use of "small is beautiful". Got that
from a series of books by E.F. Schumacher:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_is_Beautiful

In reference to http://www.home.no/mlinux/ae.htm:

Is using svga actually smaller than using tinyX (kdrive)
servers?

When you look at all the dependencies and the various apps to
fulfill the same functions (and _their_ dependencies), and take
into account that X has built-in networking capabilities that an
svga user must obtain from screen (which is non-graphical) this
is not at all a cut&dry question.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that the tinyX approach is smaller.

Shall we do the arithmetic and see?

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful