baslinux - Re: [BL] Bl related hompage

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Bl related hompage
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 07:44:23 +1300

mikkel meinike wrote:

> I have made a separate BL related page with links
> and things to download.
>
> http://www.home.no/mlinux/

Thank you. I have added it to the contributors list.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/contrib.html

I see you have a section about installing libvga and
libvga applications. People who want libvga instead
of X should consider using BL1 instead of BL3. B1 uses
the same library as BL3 (libc5) and is preconfigured to
run libvga applications. IIRC it also has the ncurses
library, which you recommend as a BL3 add-on.

To update BL1, you could copy executables (busybox,
links, etc.) from BL3. You could also copy the 2.2.26
kernel (with modules) from BL3.

Perhaps someone would like to create a BL1+ with 2.2.26
kernel, newer busybox, ae editor and the libvga version
of links2? It could be released as a fs.img.