baslinux - Re: [BL] Linux Desk Reference and busybox and rpm

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Linux Desk Reference and busybox and rpm
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:30:56 +0000 (UTC)

I have removed packages gzip, bin from BL2, and added /busybox132 to the
path (ahead of the old /bin/busybox in case I forgot something). Symlinks
should be made to /bin and /usr/bin and maybe /sbin and /usr/sbin for a
few of the programs in the new busybox (or simply replace the old one with
it eventually) because some programs look in a specific place not just on
the path. busybox can install itself with symlinks.

Karolis just used strace to diagnose why lynx 2.8.6 could not access websites with BL3 (or BL2 without full gzip) that it could with Slackware.
It no longer leaves gzipped html files in a /tmp directory like 2.8.5 did, which requires a gzip option not present in busybox gzip.

"Error uncompressing temporary file."

Add a Slackware gzip, or download for glibc 2.2.5 (needed for Opera)
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/gzip-1.3.9-glibc225

Karolis has compiled uclibc-static versions of openssh, a recent gzip and lynx 2.8.6rel4, which I need to test in BL3, and then he wants to recompile uclibc with 2.2 headers and recompile other programs with the recompiled uclibc.