baslinux - Re: [BL] script to extract http://'s from a doc. 60

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] script to extract http://'s from a doc. 60
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 08:06:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Lee Forrest wrote:

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 03:08:03AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Lee Forrest wrote:
[delete]
I posted both my test file, which has no MS garbage:

Here is my test file:
-------------------------
http://www.grex.org
http://www.freeshell.org
--------------------------
No garbage, just http:'s.

And what I used as a script , which extracted nothing from the above file.

I posted in a previous mail what I used as a script.
Here it is again, created by deleting the rest of your saved email.
I called it urlextract. The above file is testfile.
urlextract textfile produced a file with only the HTML tags.
Is this what you used as a script?
-----------------------
#!/bin/sh

#script.sh

#usage: script.sh file_with_urls

's@\"www@\"http://www@' >> links.html

echo "</body></html>" >> links.html

links links.html

-------------------

You _did_ refuse to send me a copy of the file you are so
concerned about, which makes no sense at all.

I posted above, again, the two-line test file which has no garbage in it which did not work with what I posted above as the script.
If this does not work, longer files won't work either.

How can you expect someone to write a script to pull the urls out
of a non-conventional file that you won't even let them see?

I'm done with this thread.

I have no objection to going back to not replying to any of your posts.
You are not reading my replies anyway.

[delete]

Lee

--