baslinux - Re: [BL] antiword in postscript mode

  • From: "Samual Acorn" <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] antiword in postscript mode
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 05:09:38 -0600

gmail may have enlarged the images by increasing the quality settings
of the jpeg encoder on conversion in an attempt to reduce loss of
quality from converting from a lossy format and back.... they seemed
to be jpeg to begin with .. the ones in the doc have JFIF headers when
looking at the file with a plain text editor -- youll need vim or dos
edit to see them (search for 'JFIF') binary files seem to give pico
indigestion....

this is the only guess i have as to why gmails images were larger...