baslinux - Re: [BL] The Boundaries of BasicLinux

  • From: "mikkel meinike" <mimeini AT gmail.com>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] The Boundaries of BasicLinux
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:09:30 +0100

True, but that takes a _lot_ of time and work, not just to do
it, but to learn how to do it. Which was one of my points: Not
everyone is willing or able to take it quite that far.

Yes it has taken me a very long time to

I'm pretty good with linux. I've done Linux From Scratch (a
disappointment, actually, most of it is done for you) and have 4
different OSes on this computer and am fairly fluent in bash. But
Steven and Sindi leave me in the dust on a regular basis.

You mean you are good in setting up the computer but when it comes to
normal everyday usages you are less experienced. Have I got that
right? For me it have bin like that. I think for 3 years anything I
did with Linux was setup and setup again. It is first now that I
really use Linux to do things.

I can understand the people who donĀ“t want to go through that. I don't
really know why I do, but it gives me some good joy and save me a lot
of money.

/Mikkel