baslinux - Re: [BL] long filenames 34

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] long filenames 34
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:36:43 +1300

S. Porter wrote:

> [closet mode off]
> Greetings, Steven, Ron, and all.

Welcome, Steve. It's good to hear from a closet
dweller. There are a couple of hundred subscribers
to this list, but we only hear from a dozen or so.
I sometimes wonder whether the others are really
there.

> It (the CLI) is VERY powerful, and when an operating
> system of such spartan requirements yields such power
> and capability and flexibility, the result is exquisite!

I agree. Even a barebones Linux is extremely powerful.
With just a kernel and busybox running on a dumpster
desktop, I can do more than I could on the mainframe
I used as student. Much more.

> It seems that we often get a burr under our saddle
> too quickly and forget that we're all here for the
> same reason;

Lately we've had more "burrs under saddles" than usual.
I'm hoping this will settle down when the weather
improves. Between the Australian drought and the
American ice storms, people can be forgiven for being
a bit scratchy.