baslinux - Re: [BL] Subject: Re: i810 Chip and Uclibc for BL (was: ....)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Subject: Re: i810 Chip and Uclibc for BL (was: ....)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 05:13:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

[i810 video w/ svgalib]
What chipset is specified in /etc/vga/libvga.config?

AFAIK VGA, VESA, and nothing all work.

David Moberg compiled a recent version in his 1-floppy-disk USB linux boot
disk which Christof recently used. From my site or David's. With the
1.4.3 libvga compiled against uclibc.

Worked perfectly when I tested it on an i810. Did you try it?

I replaced onboard i810 with something easier to use. Lee could copy over zgv-uclibc and libvga*.so and the uclibc libc, libm, and ld-linux from that disk to BL3 to use zgv there. It worked for me when I wanted to try the newer version in BLe. But those libraries then won't work with libc5 gs from SW4.0. So I put back the older libvga*.so libraries.

xfbdev that David compiled crashes if you switch terminals.
That's libc5. Not a uClibc problem.
Were you unable to compile with uclibc?

David