baslinux - Re: [BL] Subject: Re: i810 Chip and Uclibc for BL (was: ....)

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Subject: Re: i810 Chip and Uclibc for BL (was: ....)
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:20:43 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

[i810 video w/ svgalib]
What chipset is specified in /etc/vga/libvga.config?

AFAIK VGA, VESA, and nothing all work.

David Moberg compiled a recent version in his 1-floppy-disk USB linux boot
disk which Christof recently used. From my site or David's. With the
1.4.3 libvga compiled against uclibc.

Worked perfectly when I tested it on an i810. Did you try it?

> I suspect those bugs involve multi-media apps that I'm not
> interested in.

xfbdev that David compiled crashes if you switch terminals.

That's libc5. Not a uClibc problem.

And some things just would not compile for him.

Also not a uClibc problem -- everything I tried built with only slight
modifications. The problem is static binaries that want to use shared
libraries. uClibc's libdl is broken when statically linked. For the
rare binary that uses libdl (e.g. mplayer, as you guessed, Lee) I use
glibc.

Another problem is goofy helper libraries, such as anything Gnome or
KDE-related.

David