baslinux - Re: [BL] Cannot dial in BL2 with icewm menu F

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Cannot dial in BL2 with icewm menu F
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:16:57 +0000

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 08:57:32PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Lee Forrest wrote:

[delete]
> > Try:
> >
> > prog "dial" dial
>
> Did not work.
>
> What worked is
> prog "dial" - dial

Yes.

> >> Instead of dial I tried first inserting the modules and then in the menu
> >> eznet up 0 or ppp-on.
> >
> > If the modules need to be installed before dial runs, then try something
> > like this:
> >
> > prog "dial" - insmod <module alias> && insmod <module alias> && dial
>
> That inserted only one module of three.

You should be able to add the insmod commands to the top of the "dial" script.

If not, create a new script with the insmod commands followed by the dial
command
and call it as dial2 or something like that.

> Thanks for suggesting that I leave out the rxvt, which you apparently need
> for regular non-X executables

Shouldn't. Not unless they are interactive. In that case, I'd use 'rxvt -ls
...'
so that it is a login shell created in the xterm. That way you'll get all the
aliases and such set in /etc/profile.

> but not for scripts.

If the scripts were interactive you would.

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru