baslinux - [BL] Cannot dial in BL2 with icewm menu

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Cannot dial in BL2 with icewm menu
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 03:24:29 +0000 (UTC)

We have a 'dial' script that loads modules and runs ppp-on in an rxvt, but when it connects it immediately disconnects. In BL2. (This works in BL3, not sure if the script is identical).

Typing 'dial' in an rxvt or a terminal works.

in the icewm menu:
prog "dial" - rxvt -e dial
Instead of dial I tried first inserting the modules and then in the menu eznet up 0 or ppp-on.

All this as root. My partner wants to use the menu instead of making an rxvt and typing dial or d.