baslinux - Re: [BL] Manual for Sylpheed

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Manual for Sylpheed
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:18:11 +1100

Hi Folks,

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:59:30 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> >> Look for sylpheed_manual.tgz
> >
> > The problems I encountered with the version you sent me were
> > compounded by the fact that I had to unzip it on the W98
> > computer, then transfer it by floppy disk to this computer for
> > copying into BL.
>
> Get gunzip from Slackware 4.0. To see what files are where, find
> MANIFEST.gz and read it with zless. There is probably a gunzip.tgz
> package. YOu can install the whole package or unpackage it and copy over
> only that file. Sometimes a program has 'dependencies', meaning in needs
> certain libraries. ldd gunzip shows the dependencies and whether they are
> missing. It only needs two libraries that you already have.

I think the busybox gzip will have to do while Greg is using only a loop
system.

I have now uploaded the sylpheed_manual.tgz package to my website at:
http://www.ausreg.com/bl/bl3
which will simply install into the correct directories by using pkg. Nothing
else is required.

BTW: in the new sylpheed_manual.tgz I have also included the FAQ - which
weren't in the previous ZIP file.

> > Another thing I have noticed with mc is that it can't find links
> > to allow viewing (F3) of an html file.
>
> It may not be set up to use links. Read the manual if you can find it.

No, it is set up to use lynx by default (see my previous post).

There is no manual in the mc package, and remember that Greg is using a
loop system with little spare room.

For the moment it might be better just to keep it simple and
uncomplicated until Greg is ready to branch out into a hard disk
installation, where filesystem space is not at such a premium.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke