baslinux - Re: [BL] Manual for Sylpheed

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Manual for Sylpheed
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:02:35 +1030

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:12:49 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

> The busybox unzip is not fully featured. You could try the larger one
> from Slackware. What was used to zip it, Ron?

> Maybe BL cannot handle long files names on Windows FAT floppy disks
> either? Experiment and let us know.

Firstly, to avoid any possible comflict with disks formatted
under DOS, I reformatted the floppy from W98, in the "full" mode.

Then the file manual.zip was copied to the floppy disk, and Win
unzip.exe was run on it. It created the directory manual unzipped
the files into it.

Next I moved to the temp subdirectory on the HDD where I again
unzipped manual.zip, then I copied the files from c:\temp\manual
to the root directory of the floppy disk.

This gave me two copies of the sylpheed manual files, one set in
the subdirectory manual where they had been created by the unzip
process, and the other set in the root directory of the floppy,
where they had been copied from the hard drive.

Windows showed _both_ sets with their long filenames.

On the other computer I mounted the floppy.

I viewed the disk with mc, d, and ls. All showed only the short
filenames.

Lastly, I started X, opened xterm and tried mc, d, and ls again,
and again they showed only the short filenames.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v

Arachne Insight 4.6;ML, GNUpyright (G)1997-2000 Arachne Labs
(now being maintained by the Arachne Development team)

. ,-./\