baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:06:05 +1030

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:15:50 +1300, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> (1) Does your mouse work perfectly when you run X in BL3?

I am not sure what you mean by "works perfectly".

My confidence has been shaken in how applicable any of my prior
knowledge is to BL.

Moving the mouse left, right, up or down moves the cursor in the
same direction. Right-clicking brings up a menu, left-clicking
selects the menu item the cursor is on.

Thats the way I would expect it to work. Is it also what you mean
by "works perfectly"? Or are there other functions I haven't
guessed?

> (2) Are you running sylpheed from icewm?

I really have no idea. What is icewm?

All I know is I boot BL, type "startx" at the CLI, then right-click the
mouse. On the menu that appears. I use the mouse to move the
cursor over "Applications" and left-click, then move it over
"Sylpheed" and left-click again, and sylpheed opens.

Dash it all!!! I am fed up with trying to run BL blind. I wanna know
what I'm doing and WHY!

Isn't there any documenation that can explain these things to me?

For just one example: why does ppp-on override the ATDT that is in my
modem's default setup and force ATDP for pulse dialling?

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v