baslinux - Re: [BL] USB kernel and CD burning

  • From: Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB kernel and CD burning
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:48:57

On 5 Jan 07 at 17:15, keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

>I am using the cdrecord from Slackware 8.1 (or maybe it is the cdread
>from Slackware 8.1 - I needed something newer to deal with encrypted music
>CDs). They work with kernel 2.2.16 and my 2.4.31 sm kernel, for me.

The error messages do not complain about cdrecord but SCSI driver
(whatever this may be). So first I shall have a look at the modules
and kernels. Before I test your experimental kernels, I will probably
try to fix my broken CD-ROM support. Without mounting CDs I
will not be able to do anything on that computer.

>I know very little about CD burning, just what I learned from you.

I just discovered the chapter of the BL2 FAQ on CD burning that
I had contributed those days. I applied a CD-Write Howto without
knowing what I did, and had luck. I am afraid that I have not enough
knowledge to tell you what is wrong with the l8 kernel.

>Does David's 2.4.31 kernel work to burn CDs? Use HIS modules, not mine,
>they are not interchangeable because he compiled using a different glibc.

Although David's USB floppy image was my starting point, his kernel
does not work with my RAM disks (does not load usbcore module).

>We will figure this out eventually.

May be. I aggree that it is too early to give up.

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov