baslinux - Re: [BL] Eznet -- Getting There

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Eznet -- Getting There
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:45:43 +1300

Lee Forrest wrote:

> 38:00.812 Send: "ATZW2\r"
> 38:01.410 Recv: "ATZW2"
> 38:01.910 Skip: "ATZW2\r\r\n"
> 38:02.410 Recv: "OK\r\n"
> 38:02.410 Send: "at&d3\r"
> 38:02.510 Skip: "at&d3\r\r\n"

What's the &d3 doing in there?
It resets modem after DTR toggle.

> 0 debug yes

Why add this line ?

> 0 dialtimeout 10

Why add this line ?

> 0 init0 ATZW2

Why did you change init1 to init0 ? I specified init1
for a reason. Actually, the whole line is superfluous
-- it is not needed for your modem. eznet does an
automatic ATZ. All W2 does is report DCE. Please
remove entire line to keep debugging simple.

> 0 service simple

Why add this line ?

> 0 user leeforrest AT simple.net

Is that your actual login name?
Must you include @simple.net when you log in?

> Anyone have any ideas?

For starters, I would expect an experienced hacker like
you to know that when you ask someone to help you debug
a problem, you must give them the *exact* config that
caused the problem.

Where is the baud line?
Where is the tty line?

The extra lines (unneeded) which you added make debugging
more difficult. Please remove and try again.