baslinux - Re: [BL] Development Tools for BL (7)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Development Tools for BL (7)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:07:35 +0000 (UTC)

Find can be pretty useful. I use it instead of locate on my
debian OS, a script aliased to "loc". Saves a lot space.

BL does not come with locate. I use find but don't know the fancy tricks.

It's hard to find the find docs because the string "find" gets
a staggering number of hits, no matter how good you are at
composing search strings.

(like "file")

But I have the manual (non-GNU) and a tutorial if anyone is interested.
How about just listing a few common uses?