baslinux - Re: [BL] Can BL copy Win98?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can BL copy Win98?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:05:03 +0000 (UTC)

Trying to clone one Win98/DOS games drive to three others, all smaller.

dd if=hda1 of=hdc1 bs=1024 count= number of used blocks.

1GB > 325MB

PQMagic fixed the partition size after hdc1 became the same size as hda1.

The drive is no longer bootable (it booted in DOS before this). It is active.

My neighbor said I need to create a master boot record for Windows.

Is there a linux utility to create or correct the MBR? I found a couple for Windows ($20-100 shareware, 6MB download, and I don't even HAVE Windows working on this computer).

I told someone to come get their computer tomorrow. I would hate to have to install Win98 even one more time. Custom (to save some space).