baslinux - Re: [BL] Can BL copy Win98?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can BL copy Win98?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:37:25 +0000 (UTC)

My partner apologizes - his zimage differs from mine and works without himem.sys but not with it. They are the same size, but different md5sum. My zimage works where his does not, for booting BL2 ramdisk. But my built-in-scsi 2.4.31 kernel does not (the modular scsi kernel does work).

Apparently zimage got corrupted but only to the point where himem.sys messes up ramdisk creation. himem.sys also interferes with xvesa, but that is also true of other kernels on the IBM.

So he can boot BL2 ramdisk from hard disk or from USB memory stick, after booting with DOS USB drivers in config.sys. Can BL3 loop be booted from a USB memory stick partition? I put the loop file onto a USB storage device and mounted it -o loop, and chrooted to it from a 1-floppy USB-storage linux disk.