baslinux - Re: [BL] Can BL copy Win98?

  • From: John Beck <john AT johnbeck.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can BL copy Win98?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:36:59 -0500

No need to format, dd will duplicate the disks (or partitions) sector by
sector, so formatting and data both will be replicated. It will even
clone the mbr to allow booting (if the original drive is bootable).

dd is great, but can be slow. If I'm not in a pinch alot of times I'll
use Symantec (formerly Norton) Ghost, but dd is free and on my knoppix
disks.