baslinux - Re: [BL] ftpd

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ftpd
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:50:37 -0700

sindi keesan wrote:
Since I could not figure out wu-ftp, I set up the pcmcia ethernet
connection, ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1, plugged the crossover cable between
the XP and BL computers, and XP complained (in lower right) about a bad or
limited network connection. I then tried using telnetd and httpd
(from busybox 1.10 which I had compiled) and got nowhere. More
complaints and an attempt by XP to assign an IP number.

XP doesn't have an IP address set up at this point, I think. So you
need to give it an address somehow. I'm not familiar with XP, but I
think it's in the Networking Control Panel somewhere.

Can you do parport file transfer between OS's?

Steven posted about this a while ago. I think you need the other OS to
understand plip. I don't think Windows has a plip driver.

David