baslinux - Re: [BL] ftpd

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ftpd
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:18:12 +0000 (UTC)

Since I could not figure out wu-ftp, I set up the pcmcia ethernet connection, ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1, plugged the crossover cable between the XP and BL computers, and XP complained (in lower right) about a bad or limited network connection. I then tried using telnetd and httpd (from busybox 1.10 which I had compiled) and got nowhere. More complaints and an attempt by XP to assign an IP number.

I got back two lines when I typed 'route' in linux, and forgot to try to ping myself. I have always been able to network between two linux computers once the module installed.

Netscape could not find 192.168.1.1 and tried to dial.
telnet 192.168.1.1 did not work either (I forget the details).

What do I need to do to XP so it will recognize the connection?

This computer has a CD burner but I want to learn to network with XP.

Next time we should take along parport and USB zip drives - one of them would have worked on any computer we encountered. The newest Gateway actually has both.

Another solution would be a 1 or 2 floppy BL with USB support that will read NTFS and also do ethernet. Maybe David Moberg wants to make one.

There is a Kermit for Windows which I could try over null-modem cable if I had one. I once did a DOS to linux kermit transfer that way.

Can you do parport file transfer between OS's?